Rhubarb Juice Recipe – delicious easy summer drink
- Chop 3 kg washed rhubarb and two lemons into 1/2″ to 1″ pieces.
- Place chopped rhubarb and lemons in a large pan.
- Add just enough water to cover the rhubarb, bring to a boil, and then simmer on “low” until rhubarb is soft, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain the mixture through a jelly bag, or a very fine sieve, pressing with the back of a spoon to extract the juice.
- Discard the solids.
- Transfer the juice to a non-reactive pan, and to each quart of juice, add one and a half kilo of granulated sugar and one bourbon vanilla bean.
- Heat the juice and sugar, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Skim, and bring to a boiling point.
- Pour into hot jars and seal.